Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yelling!!!

Well, lent is not going well. I've managed to avoid meat so far for the 2 days that it has mattered. But, the yelling?? Well, that's a whole other story. 6 and 4 year old boys just don't know when to shut up be quiet!! I teach piano in my den 2 days a week. I have been doing this at home since the first one was born. So, it's not like this is a new concept to them! The kids show up for the lessons - sometimes the parents stay, sometimes not. And I don't mind that! My children are still there and they know that this is supposed to be a quiet time to watch TV or play a video game. Then there's times when it's not just one student, but, siblings that come along. Still, this is quiet time - said sibling knows also that this is quiet time. So, when the yelling, screaming, running up and down the hall and crying starts in the first 5 minutes of lesson 1 of 5, there's no getting out of the yelling that is about to incur. Now, breathing deeply, my children are sent to their rooms for 5 minutes to chill out with no talking - that's when the 4 year old decides that he doesn't know this concept. "BUT MOOOOOOMMMMMMMM< I'm SOOOORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" "be quiet" "BBUTTT..." "be quiet"
AND NOW, quiet time has become a conversation between me and my 4 year old with a musical interlude in the background because my student is still playing - my favorite happened when one of my kids was playing Mozart's rondo alla turk while this was going on. Reminded me very much of a TOm and Jerry cartoon going on.
With that background now in place, you can just imagine how the rest of Monday went. Then there was TUesday. UGH! Repeat Monday. We haven't had a week like this in a long time. It's because it's lent, isn't it?

I also teach 1st grade religion - again, another post for another day - but it's for my son because I'm the over involved mother. But, the kid is really into it. So, I would think that all the "good deeds" that he's doing for lent should be that he should help mommy not yell. HMMMM.......

Well, it's just about time to get the slow cooker out. I have my own little recipe that I'm going use for today on my corned beef and I can't wait for the hubbs to get home so we can do an irish jigger of corned beef and beer!!

CHEERS! - Now, go get yer irish on!

1 comment:

Jen@Mommys Online Garage Sale said...

Saw your post on the Blog Hop Network thanks for hosting I am your newest follower.

HSPD!

Post a Comment