Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Am I Ever Going to Catch Up??

I just don't understand.  Well, actually, I do.  So much going on now. 
My blogs really are becoming a full time job.  Now that it has been over a month, I am starting to be compensated for my Odd Jobs Momma stuff.  (http://www.oddjobsmomma.blogspot.com/) - you know I had to throw that in there!! 
More and more opportunities are coming my way and I couldn't be more excited! 
Life is still happening around me though and it's getting really tough to keep up.  My grandfather has been in and out of the hospital for 2 weeks now.  2 weeks ago he had a stint replacement in the city.  After he came home, I promised my uncle that I would be a good girl and stay home (I have a tendency to be a "mother hen").  My aunt has been wonderful and keeping me updated so I can keep my parents updated.  It's a good phone system for a large family.  Then, after being home for 2 days, Pop started having stroke symptoms.  Very minor - slight droop to the mouth, slight loss of motor function to the right hand and dragging the right foot as well.  So, off he went to the hospital again on Friday - fortuneately, this time it was local.  Now, you can't keep me away!  (I'm annoying like that too)
So, Saturday morning I parked myself in a chair next to his bed and stayed there until after lunch and the same on Sunday- Hey, Mother's day is about what mommy wants to do - that's what I wanted to do - while my children and husband did not set my kitchen on fire baking me a cake!
Through lots of therapy and much grumpiness for being there, my pop is home with my aunt temporarily.   YAY!!  So, in the meantime, not just because of that, (I have kids too, did I mention that???)  those demanding little buggers that want to be fed and played with sucked up a lot of my time too.  The wii bowling, the UNO games, the tickle tortures.  All in a days work.  oh yeah- That's what I was complaining about.  I can't keep up!!!!

1 comment:

Tenetia said...

sounds like you have been very busy!!! how is your grandfather doing????

Post a Comment