Friday, April 1, 2011

Screw YOU clothes designers :(

I am not skinny. In fact, I cherish my squishy arms that my children use for pillows and my squishy belly that they rest their heads on when we're stretched out on the couch. My muffin top gives me character (a quite tasty personality that sometimes needs to be taken with a grain of salt!) And with my chest size, I'm a friggin' plus sized, red headed step child of Barbie!  I have been out of high school for 20 years now (still no interest in going to the reunion, BTW) and have been a 12 for all those years. That's the same size I wore to the prom, my 27 dresses, my wedding gown, and through 2 butterball children. In fact, after #1 butterball, I put my prom gown on for Halloween and it fit perfectly still!!
So, WHY??? Why, Vera Wang?? Why, Lauren Conrad? Why, everyone who designs for Kohls? Why do you have to make me feel like a fat cow all of a sudden?? My clothes are all the same. I just wanted something nice and new for a girls night out and you shamed me to a 16 for a day!! WTF???
I get it. I was bloated for the day. But did I bloat 2 full sizes? That's some major water retention that should be held in a Guiness Record book or something. It's been a week since my clothes store visit and went out with my mom today. Guess what? I'm a 12. Atleast A.N.A designers think so! 
So, here I am ranting about shopping at my favorite store that shouldn't be my favorite store anymore I suppose since their designers hate me so much.  They do have cute shoes though..........That's where the designers would start to hate me.  The one downside to butterball 1 and 2 is that 1 foot grew.  I need 2 different shoes!  WHooPS!

21 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sizing drives me crazy. Nice to meet you.

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

Coming from blog hop! Nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

Following from the blog hop! I do understand! lol

www.productjunkiemama.blogspot.com

Samantha Sotto said...

I wish they would change dress sizes from numbers to things like - "too cute," "super fine," and "hot momma." :D

Bum Luxury said...

I got to 'muffin top' and knew I had to follow your blog!! What a great post! Yes, it makes me mad when I try on different things at the same store and I have to try on 3 sizes. YUCK! Now I want to go eat some more of my delicious PB and chocolate cake!

Bridget from www.bumluxury.blogspot.com

Lioness said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Good for you! I loved your rant. I just lost my baby weight using weight watchers but it took 4 months and in that time I was relgated to wearing baggy t-shirts and yoga pants. The dress I bought at White House Black Market for my cousin's wedding was too "matronly", my sister said. What the hell? Nothing sexy for a size 10? I'm glad I stopped by today from I heart maternity :)

Elizabeth said...

Loving this rant!! I'm 3 months away from delivering baby #4 and I'm terrified of summer and clothes shopping and all of that scary stuff later. Ugh!

Diane and Chad said...

Obviously the designers don't have a clue...by the way, good for you remaining the same size all these years...hard work!! I am visiting from I heart blog, hope you will visit back: childhoodmyths.blogspot.com

Kelli Guilbeau said...

Very Funny. I know this drives me crazy too.

Following you from the blog hop, I hope you will check out and follow me :) @ Let's Start Saving Now.

Kelli
www.LetsStartSavingNow.com

Meryl said...

Great post for April 1, or 2.

Nice meeting you on the hop.
Meryl
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

mombo880 said...

Preach it sista! I feel the exact same way and tend to avoid those stores for that reason. Nothing like being "up" a size or two to make you feel like crap. I think we are sisters from different misters or something because I, too, am the red-headed stepchild who has never been to the 10 year or the 20 year reunion. But instead of two different shoe sizes I need two different cup sizes.... Following you now!
Alicia www.dorothymcfadden.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining Welcome Wednesday! I am now following you back! I hope to see you again this week for the blog hop!

Unknown said...

what a funny & real post! loved it!

we're new fans from the weekend blog hop!

http://www.boyzruleourworld.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Arrrgh!I know the feeling!! ;)

Following from MBC.

Irish Italian Blessings said...

This post is soo true!! I'm pregnant right now and finding maternity clothes for me is next to impossible. Good thing yoga pants are acceptable to wear to the store...or are they? lol

Sweaty said...

Tell me about it! I've resorted to buying brands with sizes that runs big. Hee hee. That way I can always fool myself into believing that I've only gone one size up instead of.. oh who knows (err actually I do know, I just don't want to say it) since pre-maternity days.

I feel ya!

Tenetia said...

what a terrific temper tantrum this was!!! i really enjoyed this post!

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

that's so obnoxious. who needs them anyway?

i wanted to stop by and say thank you for coming to my blog and offereing your advice on my mortgage crisis :). i'm glad to hear that you balanced it out eventually and that it wont feel so scary once we take the plunge!

Sweaty said...

Hi Wendie, it's me again :)

I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger Award!!! You can read more about it here: http://dosweatthesmallstuffblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/hurrayyy-its-my-first-ever-blog-award.html

Thanks for following my blog!

Holly said...

Couldn't agree more! Wang and Conrad are the devil! I have the same problem at Kohls. Cute, cute clothes but why can't I fit into the medium or even the large with those designers? I'm a 12 too. Very frustrating.

Post a Comment