Monday, June 27, 2011

Summertime

Ahh, summer has officially begun.  School is finished.  Piles of papers from my son's desk are strewn all about.  Can't wait to throw THAT all away!!  Officially a second grader, I'm so excited for him.  I think I may be the odd mom out on this one that I am excited to see my children move forward.  My littlest one is starting pre-k and I couldn't be prouder.  Not nostalgic.  Maybe that'll change in 3 months when I drop him off in his classroom, but not now! 
The past month has completely flown by.  I have no idea where June went.  I thought we could slow down this week, but that's not happening either!  I suddenly am feeling pretty popular and that's not too shabby.  Pool party today, possibly tomorrow.  Sprinkler date on Wednesday and another pool date on Thursday (although, she doesn't have a heated pool and I'm spoiled so I won't be going in that one!!)  Then it's 4th of July weekend!! 
We have a whole weekend of family time that I am SO looking forward to.  I have planned ahead with my cake baking so it shouldn't disrupt family time.  We'll be seeing lots of friends.  Now it's another 8 days of go go go!!!  I love it!
Here's to a fun filled summer! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment