Thursday, March 17, 2011

The beef is a cookin'!

So, I got the first corned beef cooking. I bought a second one to cook on Saturday so that I can enjoy a few more beers and not worry about a school day the next morning!
I am cooking on the stove top this year out of pure laziness. Normally I really would break out the crock pot and let it do it's job, but, Didn't feel like lugging it up from the basement.
I placed the beef in the pot, added a nice beer on top and 3 cups of beef broth. I don't like the seasoning packet that usually comes with the beef and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't in the package this year!
Got some new potatoes and as a kind gift to my husband, I didn't make the cabbage this year. Unfortuneately, I picked the wrong year to do that because now I have windows open all over the house because it is stinking beautiful outside right now! Maybe I'll boil some cabbage up on the grill on saturday so I can give my intestines a workout!
Happy Eating all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!

I am a new follower from the thursday blog hop. I would love it if you could follow me back. I also have my first giveaway up and you could win The Hungry Little Caterpillar Prize Pack if you enter. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope
http://www.peanutbutterandhopey.com

Hannah said...

Following you on GFC from the Thursday Blog Hop. Please follow back at

http://theoliveparent.blogspot.com

Samantha Sotto said...

Sounds scrumptious! :)

Post a Comment