Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th of July Weekend

I'm so looking forward to this weekend.  It's always great when my husband gets the extra time to play with the kids.  My oh-so-talented husband built a cornhole board this week for us to play and we're going to break it in today.  We played ladder golf with the neighbors last night and had a blast. 
The weekend menu:
Last night was bbq'd chicken wings.  Half went in hot sauce and the rest were with bbq sauce. 
I made 5 lbs. of potato salad and 2 pounds of macaroni salad (with italian dressing)  to have the whole weekend. 
Tonight is spiral cheesy sausage and flank steak in a spicy marinade.
Sunday is traditional burgers and dogs (weather dependent)*pop up thunderstorms predicted*
Monday depends on Sunday, but, I'm thinking chicken kebobs.
I also picked up a bunch of fresh strawberries and sponge cake.  MMmmmm.  
Happy 4th everyone.  I hope you get as much family time as I have been granted this weekend. 
post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this weekend too!! Your weekend menu sounds great! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July! Hope you enjoyed this special day! Visiting from vB!

*Danielle* said...

That menu sounds delicious!!!!

Post a Comment